Dienstag, Oktober 05, 2004

journal entry 7/4/2004

Since a blog will be my way of remembering this time with my mom, I'm going to post some of my journal entries from the past couple of months. Here is number one:

7/4/04

Mike spent the week in Ottumwa preparing the way for mom to come up to MN to receive treatments. He drove her up here yesterday, and he is driving back to Des Moines to head home to Virginia today. Mom's first appointment with a radiologist is Tuesday. She should get 8 all over head radiation treatments before she can have laser radiation to the brain. Thursday she sees the regular oncologist and I assume she will start chemo that day to treat the liver cancer. I need to find regular childcare for Maggie and Frank because I expect to be taking mom to appointments, probably every day.