Samstag, Juli 30, 2005

St. Joseph, Pray for Us

It would be a great relief if someone would PLEASE come buy our house. And soon! But, as Tim's step-mom Ellen says, these things tend to work themselves out in the eleventh hour. Ellen is a real estate agent, so I'm going with what she says. I've also made a commitment to not let this house business get the best of me. In the scheme of my life and everything that has happened in the past year, this is not something I'm going to shed tears over. Death and trauma and illness I will get worked up about. Worry about real estate transactions? Not what I want to give my energy to.

Tim took the kids and went up north to Ely today with his brother Matt and with Kara and little Charlotte. So today I'm getting the house in shape for showings while we are out of town. It is utterly impossible to keep a house showable with 3 small children living in it, so hopefully the picture ad in the newspapers tomorrow will help bring us some business.

This evening I plan to bury a St. Joseph statue in our backyard. If my mom were living, she'd be out digging the hole for me. She was a devout Catholic, and she loved saints and incense and the Blessed Mother Mary. So tonight, In honor of my mom and of St. Joseph I will do the kind of ritual that makes being Catholic enjoyable and entertaining. And one that I'm sure my mom will participate in, in spirit.

Anybody out there who believes, feel free to say a prayer to St. Joseph for us! If you aren't a believer, please wish us luck.

2 Comments:

At 6:33 PM, Anonymous Anonym said...

Good Luck. I think the tradition is to bury the stature head down, but I could be wrong.

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Paul L said...

It's wierd: I had never heard of the St Joseph custom until last week when I heard it while listening (I'm ashamed to admit) to Joe Souchery on KSTP-AM while driving home from work. Then it pops up on your blog. This kid of thing happens to me all the time -- a word will be an answer to a crossword puzzle clue -- say, Home of famous shroud -- and a story about Turin willl pop up on All Things Considered that night, and a travel magazine will arrive the next day with a cover photo from Turin. All the time.

Where is your house, Ms Sandwich? We live in Minneapolis and are occasionally looking.

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home