Dienstag, Juli 12, 2005

5 movies/shows in retrospect

10. "What Women Want"-Not the best movie I've ever seen, but sometimes entertaining. Mel Gibson isn't even that hard to put up with, and the blond is tolerable too. I think I saw this movie about 3 times. Twice during my March period in the basement, and once a few weeks ago. There were ads on all the time for it, and they were very enticing. Also I found out that the woman who wrote "Something's Gotta Give" wrote this movie.

9. "Dawson's Creek" This one is on TNT in the morning, two episodes back to back. I like these kids, they are real people and not just stereotypes of what we think teenagers should be.

8. "Crank Yankers". Tim doesn't know what the hell he is talking about on this one. He's never watched a single episode of "Crank Yankers" in his life. These are very funny puppets, and I hope that someday I will have the pleasure of sharing them with someone I love. Unfortunately the show seems to be on hiatus for the summer, so it won't be any time soon.

7. "ALOTO" I seriously saw this move at least 10 times during my March retreat. It became so comforting to me, and really helped me get past some awful anxiety. Maybe it was just Gina Davis, who is so peaceful and gifted. I cannot say the same for Madonna or Rosie O'Donnell, but their contributions were also important and uniquely their own.

6."Bull Durham". Tim points out that he is surprised that I enjoyed not just one but TWO baseball movies. I myself am surprised. But what can I say? This movie reminds me of my old boyfriend who I moved to Durham, North Carolina with for 6 months in 1990. He loves baseball, so I was exposed to way too much of it for about 3 years. I guess I have to admit that Kevin Costner is kind of hot in this. I didn't realize that until round 2 of depression, when this movie was on HBO every 19 minutes.

5. "Entourage". Why do I like this show? Beats me. It is supposed to be the "Sex and the City" about young men. I think I enjoy how simple these guys are. So silly, child-like and not wise. The show is easy to watch, doesn't take much effort. Perfect for a depresso brain. And, I like Jeremy Piven. Funny man.