Donnerstag, Juni 16, 2005

10 things I'm learning from round 2 of depression

1. I am not invincible. Young people think that nothing can touch them, and I'm not as young as I used to be.
2. My will is not my greatest asset. I used to think that I could handle anything if I just decided to. My decision that I am no longer vulnerable to depression is not working.
3. Biology and genetics really matter. Again, my will does not overcome them.
4. Stress has a cost. My body has told me that enough is enough. I cannot handle it like I used to.
5. There are times for being weak and vulnerable. Everybody has them, every one gets their turn. My turn is right now.
6. Resilience ebbs and flows. Sometimes we have more, and sometimes we have less. I used mine up while my mom was here. Now I have none left.
7. Everyone is human. We all have limits. That includes Tim and my family and my friends. I need help now, but they cannot do it all.
8. I need the spirit. Spirit is not human, but works through us. Even though I'm not in touch with her while I'm in a depression, I have faith that she is taking care of me and that I will be okay even if I don't feel her.
9. Trying to act normal when I don't feel normal is a mistake. My brain is broken, and needs a rest. For me that means I need understimulation-less light, less noise, less talking, less movement. If I overdo it, I will move backwards.
10. " Dawson's Creek" was a really good show. Gotta go now because it's coming on the television.

1 Comments:

At 11:42 PM, Anonymous Anonym said...

Meine kleine Katze. Du hast so viel gelernt. Echt. Ich soll diese Dingen fur mich selbst auch rememberen. Und was ist mit Katie Holmes und Tom Cruise los??

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home