Sonntag, Juni 12, 2005

inspiration

A few years ago my step-mom Susie gave me an Eleanor Roosevelt quote to think about.

"It is none of your business what other people think of you."

I went looking for that quote today, but did not find it. Instead I found some others from E.R. that are speaking to me:

"You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along."

"As for accomplishments, I just did what I had to do as things came along. "

"Women are like teabags. We don't know our true strength until we are in hot water!"

"Life must be lived and curiosity kept alive. One must never, for whatever reason, turn her back on life. "

"With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts. "

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "

"The giving of love is an education in itself. "

"What is to give light must endure the burning. "