Samstag, Juni 11, 2005

Why do I think I need to get Microsoft Office? So I can use Word.

Appleworks is too small to see my work clearly. With Word I can just expand the page across my computer screen, and then zoom the text size to 200%. If I can see what I am doing I can just take off writing without distraction. Appleworks is making everything too hard to figure out. I don’t even know if I can zoom the text size or expand the page, and I’ve been trying long enough to decide that the answer is probably no. I have a test drive of Office on my new hard drive, so for 30 days I can use it for free before I decide whether to actually purchase or not. Tonight my guess is that I will end up buying it.

I’ve read that some Mac users find that Office crashes a lot, or slows down their work. Has anyone else found this to be true?

1 Comments:

At 11:01 AM, Anonymous Anonym said...

Hi Kate,

I have heard the same thing about Office. There are several ways to make your text bigger in Appleworks.

One is a key command and the other is a menu command. First highlight your text. Go to the menu at the top and choose text>size. In this menu you can choose a font size or you can make the text bigger or smaller. The other way which I find easier is to highlight the text the press shift>apple>period to make bigger or shift>apple>comma to make smaller. Apple is the key right next to the space bar.

You can also open your word processing preferences under menu item Appleworks>preferences>general and specify your font and size for new documents.

You can expand your page by clicking and dragging the bottom right corner of your document. This feature (if you have not already discovered it) is consistent through all Mac applications.

Finally If you feel that in general your words are to small on your computer you can change the size of your screen. I love this option and use it frequently. Choose the Apple from the menu up in the left hand corner and then choose system preferences. Once your system preferences have opened choose the icon that says displays under the heading hardware. In this panel you will see numbers like 1024x768 and 1152x864. These are different screen sizes. Go ahead and click on the different sizes and see what happens. The size of your screen will change. There is even a button that you can check that will place these options on your top menu so that you can change the size of your screen quickly without having to open the System Preferences.

Again feel free to email me with questions. And I'm sorry to read that you are again feeling out of sorts.

Eleanor

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home