Freitag, Oktober 28, 2005

comfort

Today is my last Friday having Frank and Mo in childcare, so I've decided to live it up. I'm at the Broiler, a place of familiarity and comfort. I've known this place for almost 20 years, and it feels like home when my real home is in transition. Over the past 6 months, since I've had my kids in childcare, I've enjoyed a few Friday morning Spartan Spinach omelettes. Fresh spinach, fresh tomatoes, feta and hash browns. English muffin. Iced tea, which is becoming a more acceptable substitute for the cup of Joe I'd rather be sipping. Thank God for the Broiler, and for this last Friday morning of unencumbered time.

I decided to spend most of the day writing, since I never get to do this. Time alone is such a precious resource, and harder to find every day. Today I will value what I have, and make the most of it. Today I will take time to flesh out some things I've been working on and thinking about. Sounds like fun, and makes me feel like this is my lucky Friday!