Montag, Oktober 24, 2005

not done yet

A reader told me over the weekend that he thought I was closing down this blog because I started another one. No! This one is good for a while, at least until the anniversary of my mom's passing on which will be February. I also told my reader that I feel a little sick of this blog, it's heaviness and sadness. But the heaviness and sadness are real and appropriate to this time in my life, so I will try to stay true to them and write here when it makes sense to me.

Now, for a little much needed levity, and in memory of my mom who always enjoyed seeing someone get my goat. A couple of kid quotes from the past few days.


From a child at the Kinderstube, as I’m shoveling 2 tons of woodchips onto her new playground:

“You’re voice sounds really young, but your face looks really old.”


Maggie to the rest of the dinner party, after the cook steps out of the room to answer the phone:

“This dinner looks like the garbage man made it.”