Donnerstag, Juni 29, 2006

Yes, I am 40

4 days ago I turned 40. This is where I planned to end this blog. And start a new one. Ha! I need some time to myself to gather my thoughts and write, but guess what? It's not happening. I guess this is a commentary on my life at 40. Maybe blogging is not going to be where I put my creative energy right now. Maybe instead I will get to:

do laundry for 5
pour bowls of cheerios
start the dishwasher with last night's dishes in it
wash peed on blankets and sheets
point a fan at the peed on mattress
say "turn the TV off we are going to the park"
create invoices for milk for kids at school and get paid for it
borrow a vacuum cleaner because ours is at the "old house" for temp renters to use
trip over the borrowed vacuum cleaner for 4 days before finally using it
pick up polly pockets !@#$%%$ off the kitchen floor
pick up spouse's !@#$#$ socks off the kitchen floor
feel frustrated because I don't have time to write or plant beautiful flowers


and:

scream "YAAAAY" when Miss Mo makes a poop in the toilet
marvel at the maturity of her older sister, who helped her get the diaper off and onto the toilet in time
draw the letter "B" for Mo, over and over and over again
read Pippy Longstocking to my sweet kids
help Frank look for caterpillars on the milkweed in the front yard
feel lucky to be living with the best bunch of McGuires in the universe

Time's up. Tim is leaving. Gotta go spend my creative energy differently.

Thanks for reading!

2 Comments:

At 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonym said...

happy belated 40.
I have loved reading kate sandwiched.
love, Carmen

 
At 4:40 AM, Blogger Matt_J said...

Belated happy birthday Kate!!

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home