Dienstag, Oktober 19, 2004

Work

I feel lucky to have a job. I mean the kind where I get a paycheck! Trust me, there is no shortage of work to be done in my daily life!

My $$ paid job is part- time, and my life has made it even more part-time with all the changes here. My boss just got back from a trip to New York, which I was invited to companion her on. She is blind and she takes a sighted guide when she goes to meetings out of town, which is not frequently. I was also asked to travel with her in mid-June to NYC, but I had a 6 week old baby and just couldn't make it work then either. I would love to have gone both times, but it simply wasn't possible.

I feel guilty that I'm not going to work as much as I used to, and also am missing the $$. But I also feel fortunate to not have to give up the job because my family is going through a challenging time. Barb (my boss) is so patient and good to me, and reminds me that there will be a time when life will "normalize" once again. Here is the website for EDN:

http://www.edn4ministry.org/

2 Comments:

At 10:13 PM, Anonymous Anonym said...

Why'd they have to pick my name?

you-know-who

 
At 2:28 AM, Blogger KatyM said...

Is it pathetic that I feel kinda jealous cuz I never got comment spam?
:)
I checked out the website briefly, how awesome that you are able to help with such a worthy cause!

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home