Freitag, Dezember 03, 2004

Showdown

If you've had the chance to hear my mom talk about her years as a nurse, you've heard a few common threads. One of my favorites is that she always stood up for the patients no matter what. If that meant confronting a doctor about actions that she believed were not in the best interest of a patient and her family, my mom was the woman for the job.

Today I got to walk in these shoes of her's when I made a phone call to the cowboy.
Somehow I was blessed to be in a state of complete reason and calm for this conversation. He, on the other hand, was not.

My energy is better spent not going into the details, but suffice it say it was the only fun I've had this week.

2 Comments:

At 7:58 PM, Anonymous Anonym said...

Kate! So much going on. Really, you have every right to be angry and sad and all of the rest. This is really, really hard.

I'm glad you got a chance to tell the cowboy off. I love that feeling of being calm, cool, collected and angry. It can be quite powerful. Unfortunately, for me it is rather rare, because my emotions get the best of me. I'm sure it was good for both of you that you did this!

Emily

 
At 5:09 AM, Blogger Kate said...

Oh, believe me, this was not my normal self in operation. That's why I call it a blessing. I think God knew I needed that little zing! to keep myself going.

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home