Sonntag, März 26, 2006

Comment about PBC post

Kate,
My name is Janet and I live near Chattanooga, TN. I am 44, and found your blog regarding your Mom's Primary Biliary Cirhossis. I was diagnosed with PBC after a biopsy in January. I'm glad to hear that you are following up with a Gastro Dr. My Mom also had PBC. The Mayo clinic is doing a study to try to find the link that is allowing this disease to pass so clearly from Mothers to daughters. I also have a daughter, who is now 21. There isn't a lot of info about this rare disease. I hope your tests come out well. Good luck to you and your family.

--


I see the gastro MD on Thursday. I expect to be told I should have a biopsy of the liver, which I don't look forward to. Unfortunately it's the only way to rule out PBC and find out what the deal is, though.