Montag, November 15, 2004

St. Paul

Have I ever told you how my heart sings when I cross the Mississippi and enter our capital city? Everything changes for me - my blood pressure goes down, my pupils dilate, anxieties and stresses melt away and I know that my soul can relax in her home-town sanctuary.

So the news is that we are moving, to the West Como neighborhood. That is the sweet little area between the fairgrounds on Snelling and the Como Park where the Zoo and Conservatory are housed. When? As soon as we can. That means sometime in the next year, hopefully. Looking at our lives there is no rational reason to think we can afford it or that it is even possible, but I promise you that it is going to happen.

7 Comments:

At 10:23 AM, Blogger KatyM said...

I always think St. Paul feels boring, but I guess one person's boring is another person's peaceful! I'm from the St. Paul side and always thought of Minneapolis as being so much cooler. Oh well, you'll probably be about the same distance away from us so I'll allow it.
:) Katy

 
At 10:33 AM, Anonymous Anonym said...

Did the random thing and your site came up - I love it!
Keep blogging on - you seem really cool.
have a try of this game - It's wicked!
http://www.einsteinyear.org/games/EinsteinGame

 
At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonym said...

Thank goodness! Babs & I felt a bit betrayed when all friends and family left St. Paul over the past decade (John Baynes in Minneapolis? Is nothing sacred??). It will be nice to have a place to crash in the capital city again.

Ted

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Give me a call when you need help moving! I don't know how strong my back is but I work for cheep.

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger Anne said...

Wow, Kate, my husband and I have thought about moving to that neighborhood ourselves! I work right there at the Lyngblomsten Care Center, and I love the neighborhood.

 
At 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonym said...

sigh. You've always been such a St. Paul girl, try as I might to change you. If you ever decide to send your kids to school, I think the St. Paul district is in much better shape than our sad district. And I won't complain, I think you'd actually be closer to us.

Emily

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I loved every minute of it!

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home