Montag, Februar 21, 2005

party

We had a party for my mom yesterday. It snowed all day and that kept a couple people from coming, like my cousin Paul who is in St. Cloud. Also Freda couldn't make it, and she was very disappointed.

I was not excited about the party before it happened. I just wanted to crawl into a hole and be alone. I've been feeling overwhelmed by daily life lately, wanting to just drop out for a while. But do kids let you "just drop out"? NO! Tim recognized that I was teetering on the edge when he got back from a work trip on Thursday, so he told me I could leave. And I did! For 24 hours I was at a retreat center north of Cambridge. The time was short, but enough to sit alone in a room and not have to deal with anyone but myself.

Anyway, the party turned out very nicely. It was good to have people around for the afternoon. It was especially good for the kids, and there were a ton of them! They all had a good time snacking on junk and playing in the snow. We know so many good kids! Maggie and Frank are asking when we can have another Grandma Carol party because they had so much fun.