Sonntag, Oktober 10, 2004

10-11-40

When my mom goes to chemo and checks in for her appointments, the receptionist always asks for her birthdate. I guess that is to confirm that someone isn't trying to check in for another person's chemo? Since I've checked in for appointments with her and made clinic calls for her, 10-11-40 now rolls off of my tongue as easily as my own birthdate does.

So, tomorrow is her birthday and I feel like I need to do something extra special for her, because when she first came to Minnesota I honestly didn't think she would make it this far. July was a grim month around here, and I am so, so happy that I was so wrong! I feel like miracles have happened here, and we need to celebrate big. We will go to Buca for dinner, and the kids will make a cake for her. My brother is sending something that he got at Circuit City and that he said I am going to hate him for. I've asked my mom what she wants to do on the special day, and she says she doesn't have anything big in mind. Just dinner out will make her happy. Anybody got ideas for me on this?

3 Comments:

At 8:56 PM, Anonymous Anonym said...

It's too late for suggestions, but I hope you had a fabulous night out. Happy Birthday to your mom! I didn't realize she and Tim DuRoche shared a birthday...

Emily

 
At 12:10 AM, Blogger Kate said...

I DO remember that Tim and my mom shared a birthday. And that Tim didn't like black olives because they reminded him of the inside of testes. Why do I have to remember that dumb thing every time I see black olives?

 
At 10:03 AM, Anonymous Anonym said...

Well, I hadn't remembered that, but now I suppose I will. It's funny, I wonder if 10/11 will ever go by without my remembering it's his birthday? It kind of irritates me now.

Glad to hear your mom's birthday celebration went so well!

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home