Mittwoch, November 16, 2005

Maureen C. was there

Last St. Patrick's day my brother flew here and then drove down to my grandma's house to pack up some of my mom's stuff. I was supposed to go with him, but I was incapacitated. And anyway, it was his turn to manage the loopy family dynamics since I got to do most of it before my mom died.

Mike drove down with my dad, who then drove back here with a pickup truck full of boxes. Because I knew we were going to move east of the river at some point, I found a storage locker in preparation for our eventual move. The first things that went into the locker were the boxes of my mom's belongings.

Now we are gradually unloading the locker, and this week I got to the back of it. I'm not ready to dive into most of the papers and letters etc, but I did find one piece of history that was funny. It's an English class journal from 6th grade, and Mrs. Marlowe's 6th period class.

As embarassing as this is, I will share a short, short story that I wrote in that journal. My friend Maureen ("Wendy"), who reads my blog, will enjoy a good laugh from this one.

Once there was a pretty girl named Amy and a boy named David who disliked each other very much. Or at least they thought that they did.

One cool spring day Amy was walking home from school with her friend Wendy. Suddenly David and his friend Paul came up behind Amy and pulled her arms behind her back. Somehow Amy managed to swing around and punch David in the nose.

David and Paul ran away and left Amy alone for a long time.

3 Comments:

At 11:11 AM, Anonymous Anonym said...

Did Amy's mom make her go to David's house and apologize for breaking his nose????

Wendy

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger Kate said...

Probably. All I remember is that Amy's mom was especially unhappy because David's dad was her boss. And that David's mom drove by the next day and gave Amy a thumb's up sign! David's mom said that if Amy hit him, he must have deserved it.

 
At 7:02 AM, Anonymous Anonym said...

Note to "Amy" and "Wendy"-- Somehow I think that this might be a true story with the names changed to "protect the innocent." Am I right? Stories like this are why I never appreciated living out in the country as a kid...I was certain that I was missing out on the adventures of my town friends...and it appears that I was.

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home