Mittwoch, Jänner 04, 2006

on that note...

I ran across this quote from Meta Commerse today, and it speaks to what I was touching on in my last post. I thought that the moms and daughters who read this blog might find something interesting in it. It also reminded me of my mom's relationship with her mother.

Mothers and daughters have a special dynamic. The base of its uniqueness is a generational struggle for self being desperately squeezed through the many misogynist messages of our culture. If the mother hates and is separated from herself on any level, how will she relate to her own daughter, flesh of her flesh and bone of her bones? IF, for whatever reason, the core of her femininity is wounded, what message will she relay to her daughter about femininity and the experience of becoming a woman?