Freitag, Mai 06, 2005

sleepless in Mpls.

I 'm having a hard time sleeping, and it is tiring! Got an RX for a drug called Trazadone last week. It is an older anti depressant that is prescribed in low doses for insomnia. I tried it last week one night, took one at 10:30 p.m. and was still awake at midnight, so took another.

Hey, the bottle said take 1-2, so I thought I was following directions!

Anyway, I was completey wasted the next day, couldn't drive my kids to Kinderstube because I was so dizzy from the meds that I couldn't walk a straight line. Felt like the bad part of being drunk, although I was still thinking relatively straight. Just couldn't physically function. So now I'm too nervous to take the stuff again, and prefer to choose insomnia instead. Will try a half pill tomorrow night and see if it helps, and if I can still function the next day. Can't afford to risk ruining tomorrow because I need to drive kids. plus being incapacitated is not my favorite state, especially since I am feeling more and more like myself and have things I want to accomplish.

have seen some good middle of the night movies on HBO. Have almost got "something's gotta give" memorized now, and have decided that Diane Keaton is the most charming and funny woman on the planet. She cracks me up every single time I watch that movie. And I think she is my new idol. Also have seen "Starsky and Hutch" about 6 times in the past week and a half. Who can ever get too much of Owen Wilson?

I highly recommend the new HBO movie "Warm Springs", about FDR and Eleanor and a polio therapy community he created in Georgia. It was wierd to see Miranda from SATCity playing Eleanor at first, with her fake front teeth and goofy lisp. But Cynthia Nixon pulls it off in the end because she is such a good actor.

1 Comments:

At 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonym said...

Kate, Miranda from SATC has always reminded me of you!

Emily

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home